This recipe was always a favorite growing up. And it is a perfect addition to your Easter dessert menu! I will follow with a recipe for the delicious cream cheese frosting that we always made to go on top with a few chopped nuts of choice.
1 1/2 c. Honey
1 1/4 c. Oil
1 tsp. Almond Extract
1/2 tsp. Mace
1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
13 oz. Grated Carrots
12 1/2 oz. Pastry Flour
12 oz. Unbleached Flour
- Combine the mace, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda, salt, and both flours in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine honey, oil, eggs and almond extract. Mix with a whisk or with beaters on low just until mixed.
- Using a spoon to stir, slowly add the dry mixture into the wet ingredients. Stir until combined. Do not overmix.
- Add the grated carrots. Stirring till just combined.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.